Session 1 – Can we trust the Bible?
- The authenticity of the original documents
- Are they genuine?
- The historicity of the original documents
- Are they accurate?
- The veracity of Scripture
- Is it true?
- The inspiration of Scripture
- Is it the Word of God?
- Attacking the Bible is futile
“The Bible is a rock from which all the hammers of criticism have never chipped a single fragment.”Sir Isaac Newton
- Defending the Bible is unnecessary
“Defend it? I would as soon defend a lion. Turn it loose.”C. H. Spurgeon
- The Bible is impregnable to forced entry
- But accessible to all who come to it with the keys of faith and submission
- Scholarship is encouraged in the Bible; The treasures of the Bible are not to be found through serendipity, lying on the surface
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.2 Tim. 2:15 KJV